Dainius Labutis Photo-Paintings
Photographer Dainius Labutis, born in 1967, is a member of LPP organization (Lithuanian Press Photographers), currently working as a photojournalist. Starting his creative inspirations and searches with graphic photographs of the urban landscape, he has for many years delved into illustrations of jazz portraits and emotional music. Now, for a while, Dainius Labutis, having discovered the technique of image layering, delves into the subtleties of this photo expression.
His works were exposed in many places:
- 1996 Exhibition of jazz works "Portraits of Jazz" at Vilnius Arc Gallery.
- 1997 Author's exhibition "Miniatures" at Vilnius Skliautos Gallery, and Wall Landscapes at the Gallery of the Photographers' Union.
- 2000 copyright exhibition Jazz Emotion in Helsinki.
Works from the Jazz My Life Collection 2006 were exhibited in Poland, Spain, and Lithuania.
Dainius' photographs are regularly exhibited at jazz festivals in Vilnius, Birštonas and Kaunas.
- 2006 Dainius presented the artistic project "Duet" together with artist Artūras Šlipavičius at ARTima gallery.
- 2007 St. Dainius created an experimental performance of art, visual projections, and music “Harushik ritual non finito” at the Catherine Church with jazz musician Vytautas Labutis and A. Šlipavičius.
- 2012 The exhibition of photography of Dainius Labutis “Photography” was created in the gallery of the Union of Art Photographers. The exhibition consisted of original silver bromide prints created in 1993 using the classic photography printing technique.
- 2012 Group exhibition of portraits “Genius loci. The spirit of the place. "
- 2014 exhibition "Sound Images" is dedicated to the 20th anniversary of YAMAHA Music School in Lithuania.
- 2015 photo exhibition '' Layers '' at Vilnius Town Hall.
- 2017 photo exhibition "Layers Plus" at Vilnius Fireplace Gallery and "Pavilion Paintings" at Pavilny Community House.